You have no items in your shopping cart.
Update on usable rope diameters.!
Following the natural trend of the companies to produce thinner and lighter EN 892 dynamic ropes, we decided to update the marking of our belay device Alpine Up.
Several internal tests proved that Alpine Up works perfectly with half or twin ropes Ø 7.3 mm or with single ropes Ø 8.6 mm.
No modification has been carried out on the device, therefore all the Alpine Up already existing and sold can be used with half or twin ropes from 7.3 to 9 mm or with single ropes from 8.6 to 10.5 mm.
The Alpine Up is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half, twin and single ropes.
Extremely advantageous, it allows self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the terrain.
The CLICK UP MODE (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted) (fig. 1-2);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle (fig. 7);
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted(fig. 8).
The DYNAMIC MODE (Manual braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (friends, nuts and pitons)
- (fig. 3-4);
- braking friction with “V” grooves, similar to a tube device;
- aabseiling with “V” grooves brake.
The GUIDE MODE allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers (fig. 5);
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a biner in the proper hole (fig. 6).
The Alpine Up is supplied with the proper HMS Concept SGL HC (Ref. No. 2C3380L SYB) carabiner with hardcoated wear-proof anodization and ACL system that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.
Patented and entirely produced in Italy.
- 3 modes insurance
- ALC system
- in accordance with the type 2 standards 15151-2:2012
- String for use with EN892, single 8.9 mm diameter at 10.5 or Dual or dual ø7.7 to 9 mm
- carabiner SGL Concept Hc screw, hot forged, opening 21 mm Max..
|Color||Orange / Black|
|specificity||proper HMS Concept SGL HC carabiner|
|Standard||EN 15151-2:2012 type 2|
|Various information||proper HMS Concept SGL HC carabiner - made in Italy|
|Specific information||twin ropes from 7.3 to 9 mm or with single ropes from 8.6 to 10.5 mm.|