You have no items in your shopping cart.
Garmin offers a new portable GPS with the release of GPSMAP 62S.
This GPS features a 3-axis electronic compass operated in any position, barometric altimeter and is compatible with BirdsEye ™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), Custom Maps ™ functionality and photo navigation
The GPSMAP 62S is rugged and waterproof.
Its quad helix antenna provides unparalleled reception in a sleek new design.
The GPSMAP 62S comes with a built-in basemap with shaded relief, so you anywhere with ease.
Get Your Bearings
The GPSMAP 62S is equipped with a 3-axis electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still or you do not hold it horizontally. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in atmospheric pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can monitor changing weather conditions.
With GPSMAP 62S, you can wirelessly share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS devices. Now, to share with your friends on your favorite route or geocache, press send to transfer your information to similar devices
Stay the course
With its quad helix antenna and high-GPS WAAS / EGNOS system accuracy HotFix ® satellite receiver sensitivity compatible GPSMAP 62S calculates your position quickly and precisely and maintains the same signal in densely wooded areas and the valleys. Whether you are in an enclosed area, close to buildings or trees, the GPSMAP 62S to help you find your way when you need it most.
Add cards in a snap thanks to the wide range of topographic, marine and road maps detailed Garmin. With 1.7 GB of memory, download detailed topographic maps and go hiking. Download BlueChart ® g2 to enjoy a day on the water or City Navigator NT map data ® to benefit from a specific route guidance ultra street by street (see maps tab for compatible maps display).
GPSMAP 62S also supports downloading BirdsEye ™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required). Download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 62S is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps. It is a free software that transforms paper cards and / or electronic cards usable directly to your GPS.
Sign without delay
Back home, you can now save and analyze your data. With a simple connection to a computer and the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect ™. This site offers an activity table and allows you to display them on a map using Google ™ Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter ® and Facebook ®. The start is easy, so get out there, explore, and share
Experience unforgettable moments
GPSMAP 62S supports geocaching (GPX) and allows you to download geocaches directly to your device. By going paperless. Not only will you contribute to respect for the environment but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 62S stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions. No more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Compact and lightweight, the 62S is the perfect companion for outdoor activities.
- Unit Dimensions (W × H × D): 6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm
- Screen Size (W × H): 4.1 x 5.6 cm, 6.6 cm diagonal
- Screen Resolution (W × H): 160 x 240 pixels
- Display Type: 65 000 color transflective TFT
- Weight: 260.1 g with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included) NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Floats: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Interface: USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory :
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD ™ card (not included)
- Waypoints: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (depending ditinéraire turn by turn): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic compass: Yes (3-axis tilt-compensated)
- Touch Screen: No
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Camera: No
- Geocaching mode: yes (paperless)
- Supports custom maps: yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- Calendar of hunting / fishing: yes
- Information moon / sun: yes
- Tide tables: no
- Area calculation: yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Device to device transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): No
- Picture viewer: yes
- Garmin Connect ™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
Package Contents :
- GPSMAP 62S
- Carabiner clip
- USB cable
- Quick Start Manual
|specificity||Ecran couleur anti-reflet de 2,6’’, Antenne GPS Quad Helix haute sensibilité pour une réception incomparable...|
|Use||montagne, trekking, chasses au trésor virtuelles (Fonction Géocaching),...|
|Weight||260,1 g avec piles|
|Various information||Compatible avec les cartes de randonnées et routières de Garmin, Préparation d’itinéraires sur le logiciel de planification BaseCamp|
|Autonomy||Autonomie de la batterie de 20 heures avec 2 piles AA|